How important are head-shots today?
I would say very important.
We are living in changing times where employers will look you up on-line instead of just simply reading that CV you posted. The world is a visual place and we all have to be ready for it.
A good head shot is as important to the average person than it is to an actor and can set you apart from the rest. You will find that headshots are required today for may uses/reasons.
Social Media Profiles.
Portfolio for performers.
Corporate & Business.
Once you have selected your headshot photographer you will need to be prepared for the session. Below are a few tips for you to help.
1. Get a good night's sleep before as it will help your skin and eyes to look their best.
2. Avoid the cocktails the night before and stay hydrated.
3. Decide on the look you want and discuss this with the photographer. A headshot taken using natural light will look different than one lit with flash in a studio, what does the final use of your headshot dictate? Is it for a corporate job or a model/acting portfolio? They both have different requirements and expectations and sometimes different regions required a different approach.
Natural Light Only.
White background or other clean plain background.
Black & White.
Portrait Orientation or Landscape Orientation images.
4. If you are an actor check with your casting agent on what type of headshots they are looking for in your region or city.
5. Take appropriate clothing and clothing that you are comfortable in.
6. Take some music along or ask if they can play your choice of music during the session. This can help the session feel more relaxed and help keep energy levels up.
7. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure about anything, the photographer will be able to advise you.
8. I also recommend talking to the photographer if you plan to print the headshots for a book or carry round, this is so they can shoot accordingly so the final images match the print output format/size.
As a photographer myself I understand it can be daunting in-front of a camera so I take time to talk to clients before we start the session, this conversation continues throughout to not only relax you but to get to know you and get the best headshot we can.
Remember a great headshot can help elevate your profile on-line and also in business today.
Thank you for reading.
[ Book A Shoot Here ]
[ Sign Up To My Newsletter ]